Tony Robbins created “The Ultimate Success Formula.” If you learn and implement this formula, you can get whatever you want in life. You can learn it in minutes, but implementing will take the rest of your life…
The Ultimate Success Formula:
- Decide what you want
- Take action
- Notice what’s working or not
- Change your approach until you achieve what you want
As much as you may be thinking “DUH” to this formula, do you know why so few of us actually achieve what we want in life? The formula itself is (by Tony’s own admission) elementary. Learning it should only take a minute, so with the remaining time, learn how to implement it:
- Initially, it’s important that you don’t focus on how you’re going to accomplish this. Instead, focus only on WHAT you’re going to accomplish.
- If you get trapped thinking how (before you actually know how), you will conclude—if only subconsciously—that it’s not possible.
- If, instead, you KNOW what you’re going to accomplish, then you unleash the creativity of your brain and will find a way no matter what.
- Understand where we go wrong at each step in the formula, and give yourself your best chance at success.
- Step 1 requires deep thought. Most of us don’t know what we really want, because we’ve been programmed by our parents, society, education, religion etc. We must overcome this to understand what we truly value in life.
- Step 2 requires courage to go against the fears that go along with that programming. How often do we not even attempt something, because we’re afraid of failure?
- Step 3 requires honest self-reflection, which is difficult when we’re being bombarded by stimuli from every angle. We must take the time to process feedback before moving on to the next thing.
- Step 4 requires humility. It’s so easy to stubbornly follow our habits. But, if we want a new result, we need to humble ourselves and change our behavior accordingly.
Tony outlines this formula in his book Unlimited Power and brings it up again in one of my favorite books, Unleash The Giant Within. One of the most powerful things you can learn in… one sentence is this:
Our brains have not evolved to make us happy—they exists to keep us alive and to procreate—so we must consciously and actively harness the power of our brains to achieve whatever we want in life.